I think you know me by now. At least I hope you know my heart. But, because Nish (a dear bloggy friend) has bravely uncovered herself on her blog, I figure I would, too.
my man tribe
Some things about me:
- I am the oldest of 3 children, the only girl.
- I was good at school...until my sophomore year of high school when I became good at...high school. Which, if you've been to high school, you know is a totally different skill set, indeed.
- I got married 3 weeks after my 20th birthday. I'm glad I wasn't a teen bride. ;) My husband still feels like he robbed the cradle. He's an entire 18 months older than me.
- I got pregnant with Twig1 (the boy on the bike, above) within 6 months of our wedding. This was unplanned, somewhat unexpected, not entirely welcomed at first, but ultimately celebrated.
- We moved to North Carolina the day after we found out Twig1 was a boy. I cried for the first 3 hours of the 10 hour drive.
- We had Twig2 nearly 2 years after Twig1, and they are best friends.
- We recently moved back to Indianapolis, our hometown, after 4 years in North Carolina.
- We want to love on our loved ones, and learn to be part of a larger family unit again. It was getting pretty cozy and comfy just being the 4 of us. We have a dear friend who says you grow when you're uncomfortable. I'm uncomfortable now...hoping for some growth. :)
Some things I'd rather you not know:
- I'm not done with my Bachelor's degree (moved out of state 3 years into college for my husband's first "big boy" job). I am enrolled now and will hopefully be finished by next Christmas. Hallelujah!
- I am still addicted to Diet Mt. Dew. This is well documented if you look at pictures of me. I am always carrying one around.
- I'm struggling in life right now. This transition has knocked me on my tail. I'm not feeling "sparky" or "inspired" right now.
- I can get wrapped up in the "blogging popularity contest" and wish I didn't. Why does it sting when someone "unfollows" me on Twitter? Silly.
- I lose my debit card alllll the time. This bothers my perpetually patient husband. A lot.