So, I've decided it probably fits more with my lifestyle right now to do these posts in little chunks of days rather than one each day. I hope you'll forgive me as I try to find the right rhythm of life for my family this season.
A few things to think about today...
- Are there things you can cut out for a season? Yesterday, I decided I needed a break from Twitter. I was tired of hearing myself talk and tired of having to check the site 10 times a day to keep up with the conversations my friends were having. I ache for a slower yet more intimate connection--even if it means "impacting" fewer people.
- Have you checked out the Advent Conspiracy? My friend Nish pointed me in that direction. It is good, and simple, and above all it is not sanctimonious...which bugs me at Christmas (all the??) time.
- Have you checked out Ann Voskamp's Advent resource? It's free! And her words are always excellent and beautiful.
- I think it is encouraging that billionaires are pledging to give away some of their fortune. I know they still have plenty in the bank, but it does make me think harder about ways I can be more generous. Article here.
- I am making soup (pasta e fagioli) today with one of my besties. It is AMAZING--and I can't wait to spend the day with her!!